This is the only highland castle which in the change of ownership from the Frankopans to the Zrinskis and in the end belonged again to the Frankopans, who has also established it. It was under the Zrinskis until 1580 when they gave up Severin to Count Gašpar Frankopan Tržački who was succeeded by Vuk Krsto Frankopan. After the death of the last of the Frankopans and the failure of the Zrinski-Frankopan Conspiracy in 1671 this building was also looted and ruined. The castle is a two-storey building of a rectangular ground plan, corners reinforced with cylindrical towers and with an interior courtyard and arcade columns. The Chapel of St Florian, located within the castle complex, has small dimensions with an emphasised arched doorway and turret. Alongside the castle is a garden, which is protected and has been declared as a monument of landscape architecture.
+385 51 875 984